Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reef Booster

Featured Replies

Who has used it and what do you think?

I have been using it once in a while, added one vial the other night Anemones love it,

But it seems to promote a bit of algae growth I think.

Been using it for about 4 months, corals do open well.

Best is to open a few vials and add them to 1L of water, then dose 3 times a week, best not to over do it as it will add nutrients to the water if it is not used up.

Who else thinks Reef should send "Xmas trial packs" around to everyone

I think the prices you pay makes it seem like xmas everyday :D

You should get a job in marketing, Reef!

"Why get stuff for free? Wouldn't you be happier getting it for cheap instead?" Hehe.:)

My question to prodibio.fr:

Dear!

I and some other reef-keeping friends are using reef booster. We have concern, that adding all vial at once causes short nutrition overload which leads to the possible algae outbreak. Because of that, we are using two methods:

- open a vial and add it to 1L of RO water, then dose several times a week

- or open a vial and suck it up with a needle and syringe, then fridge it for a week adding a little at a time.

Would you tell me, are this methods both suitable? Can first method lead to the some kind of decomposition or other unwanted process?

answer:

Many thanks for your interest in our REEF BOOSTER.

you are right this is a very good product and it feed also the bacteria of the living stones.

Look at the results on the tank of this forum.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... did=700454

Don't use the first one because the dilution in water makes Reef BOOSTER sbjet to decomposition.

The second solution with a syringe is the best one.

Keep the ampoule sticked in a slice of potato for example.

Best regards

Sauveur Rodriguez

E-mail : [email protected]

http://www.prodibio.fr

Tel:++33(0)478 253 552

fax:++33(0)478 250 084

He didn't mention the possible short term nutrient overload.

I'm not saying there is one, just would have liked to see his comments on it.

I think it really seems obvious enough, "Feeding too much is bad." is pretty much a well known constant for reef, fowlr, freshwater, etc....

-and air is also unwanted, obvious potato can help-

Ah, so that's what the potato is for. I was trying to figure that part out while looking like this O_o

  • Author

Well that answers my question, I have observed the tank over a week and think this is a good product used correctly e.g. not over dosed.

  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've decided, since I've made a little extra money working all the way through xmas and new years I'll buy some reef booster to give it a try.:) Now, where's the best place to get it?

I got some from Raymus at the pethouse in pram, he had it in on trial so don't know if he is stocking it. I'm sure he will order it in for you.

I got some from Raymus at the pethouse in pram, he had it in on trial so don't know if he is stocking it. I'm sure he will order it in for you.

It'd cost me more to go get it than shipping would cost.:(

Got it today.:) I'll give the tank a dose tonight. I'm undecided whether I want to go with half doses every week or full doses. My tank isn't particularly packed.

Oh and, $90 for a 2" cube?!? Hehe.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.