plant and fish dilema

casey05

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol zoezealand!i feel yah lol.

i tried posting a pic.hopefully it works :-?

good luck for those of you's who try to view it.

if you manage or i havent done it properly let me know and i'll fix it well try anyways.its not the greatest pic but hopefully its okay. :roll:

cool.there just pics from kodak easyshare from my digital camera and it showed them big size so yeah fingers crossed.i looked at the http://www.aquariumfish.net/catalog_pages/tetras.htm site page and they showed the different types of tetras and i saw the glow light tetras and well they look just like my orange neons.are they the same fish?

hey caryl thanks for that note.

you may be able to answer a question for me or somone else perhaps?

i have 3 zebra danios.one that has a roundish tum,one thats slightly brown in color but still mainly blue and silver and the other is normal with no tail.well the problem is is that the slightly brown one chases the other two around and i think thats how the one without the tail well lost its tail from perhaps having it munched on by the browny one.is it normal to have an aggressive one out of the trio?i got them at wetpets palmy nth from the same tank at the same time.i dont know why he would chase the others.do you know why?

Yeah they're just glowlights, I've never heard of a orange tetra :) (When you wrote that I assumed it was a glowlight, great fish). Yes his avatar is a blue siamese fighting fish.

In general fish are happier in larger numbers, as they will often form large shoals in the wild. It's a defense mechanism so they feel safer from predators as there's lots of others to look for danger and protect them.

Not every type of fish needs to be in big groups though, e.g male siamese fighters will kill each other. Tetras and barbs though the bigger the school the better.

Hi Casey, Nice to meet you......

I just finishing setting up my first tank, and all I can say is be patient with the new tank, don't stock it with more fish to fast, and the more plants the merrier. An aquarium is made up of 2 parts plants and fish..... Zebra danio's are naughty rascals.....

O' Yes I thought everyone on this forum was a teenager except me!

thanks simfish,luke,wok,jude,caryl,zoezealand and shae for all your help :D .its greatly appreciated and any more is very welcome.in a week i get my new tank and thanks to all of you guys i dont have any real worries. :D so from the help you guys gave me i think i will just for starters get a few more of each breed that i currently have so theres less competition amongst them and well am not getting angels now cos i dont want them picking on my other fish.i will get about 4-5 plants and see how that goes.im glad now to have a few ideas of what i am doing.less stressing now. 8)

thanks shae :D im only better from everyones input :bounce: im really looking forward to setting it up and i promise to post pics of it when its done.better pictures anyways due to the fact that it wont be in a small room any longer but now a larger room so better images. :lol:does anyone know what plecostomus i have?its a mainly creamy bronzey golden colour with dark brown spots all over.i dont know if that helps but i was just curious as to what it might be called? :)

i was just wondering also as to what siamese fighting fish are like?i would like one as they are very beautiful but the one i saw at animates was in a tank with tetras but in a seperate compartment.why is that?are they aggressive towards other fish or something/are they okay to have just one?

The flowing fins on a Siamese fighter are very inviting to other short finned fish and they will nibble away at them constantly.

They are also kept separately to stop the males fighting with other males. Personally I think Siamese Fighters should be kept in a species only tank and not mixed with other fish but others would disagree.