lagos babies

southern man

Way to go Marty :hail::hail: .

How long did they take to hatch from collection date?

now all you gota do is grow them.

biteaniatum sp. always seem to grow slowly compared to other non-annuals, at least thats what it fells like waiting for that lyretail to stretch :lol:

good luck with them bud

• 3 weeks later...

Glade I had a look at some old posts, didn't see your ?? Alan first time round.

well as you know the fish were not all that happy when I got them, 1 striatum was DOA.

I got 7 p82 eggs before the female some how jumped out of the tank, then I spilt the container with the eggs lossing them all over my fish room floor :evil: .

the C. biteaniatum were very beaten up so I have desided to just rest them allowing them to come into condition slowly, have not started breeding them yet but they are much happier.

as said at the top 1 of my trio was DOA leaving me a pair, all the eggs to begin with were soft and poped as soon as I touched them no matter what I did.

I am glade to say these problems are mostly behind me now and I have 9 fry with another 15 eggs eyed up with more eggs being collected everyday :D

just a note for those out there that have not seen Aphyosemion striatum in person,

the stunning pic's you can find in the web DO NOT do this fish justice, they are IMHO the prettest killi in this country by far :o

I too now have Lagos eggs eying up nicely.

No sign of fungus, so maybe they were a bit young to start with.

I lost 1 Stri female to the two boys, rescued the other female and have just recently put her back with one of the males.

Too many fungused eggs, so may try the other male over her.

The babies of the others that hatched are doing fine more eggs have hatched and I haven't had any fry fatalities.

Just fungused eggs.

Alan

NZKA 104

Yes Caserole I have to agree with that comment about how the book doesn't do the fish justice. I have not seen the fish personaly but what I have seen in the books that I have gone through that they must have some real awesome vibrant colours and be awesome in any tank. They are one of the ones that I would love to get eventually. :D

:bounce:

The Striatums we have, also have a black band over the top of the caudal going to an extension.

On checking thru the above link, that shows up as one of the named species.

I haven't figured it out yet tho.

Caserole pointed out that there were site-variations of this species, so that is one sign to watch for.

Alan

NZKA 104

Woops :oops: it was in the 'How Big are Killies' post,

PJ put it in,

http://www.killi.co.uk/

Al

• 4 weeks later...