Misnoma's tank thread

misnoma

Cheers guys :)

Tank seems to be going through it's "brown" stage at the moment (diatom bloom?)

This causes a diatom bloom stage. This brown algae phase is also usually short, lasting about 5-8 days. Like the bacteria bloom it then disappears almost as suddenly as it started

Certainly seems like this anyway, so shall see what it does in the next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update.

Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates are now zero, have been zero since last Monday. Added a couple of small green chromis on Sat, levels are still zero and they're looking all happy.

Interesting pic.. from left to right they were taken on 4/10, 5/10 and 11/10 (tonight)

leatherovertime.jpg

Bugger, one of my chromis decided life in the outside world was a better option this morning, came home to find it on the floor behind the tank.

Checked ammonia, nitrate, nitrite and salinity, all were zero and salinity 1.026, so not sure what happened there unless the other one chased him out ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Wee update,

I have a set of streams now, the flow is somewhat incredible - totally rearranged the sand bed heh.

Also I got home tonight to find three of my six fluro tubes flickering and failing to start - I think it's a sign that I should get some real lights :lol: