Pics Wok wanted .. Reposted...

klaymann

Hey no probs Wok... send me a pic of the tank and can tell ya what you need to "fill er up" . :lol: ... ( bear in mind I have inherited a semi fussy german stance with tanks , so..... :wink: ) .... plus if your fridge has sum coldies in there , no probs throwin' my hands in there ... oh , and the tanks too ! :D 8)

hi klaymann

what type of clay do you use,is it plain modeling clay.

i have a new tank 2400 x 800.this tank will have large cichlids so i would like to make a roman ruin city with big coliseum(carnt spell it) or the city of atlantis. with a base this big shouldnt be that hard.only time.im in no rush.

what is the best thing to make the frame out of.have always used chicken wire but thay have never been in a tank, the wire would rust. wouldnt it

WOW!!!!!!! :hail:

need to sit down with you over a beer, rum, bourbon,or what ever poison you like, my shout,would like to pick your brains.

would love to have a chat(and a drink)i work with stone and porcerlin,can carve them,never done clay but if the two went together it opens up a new area to play in.

Too bad most decent artists/sculptors like you are recruited by the new film industry growing here in NZ. I have friends that used to carve surfboards making scale models for King Kong... I'm reminded more and more every day that my creative roots are from my kiwi blood.

hi klayy,

the pic's are great,dude you have a great talent. you could make a good living out of what you do.

can we see some marine pic's. have you done any fish only marine tanks?

i want to do a fish only next year,so some pic's would be great. :lol: might give me some ideas :D or could just steal you down here and you could do it. :D

You don't have pics of the sump/overflow/return on the AR1200 by any chance? - would be well interested to see how you did it as I'm about to set up a R2-150 :)

Sorry don't have any pics of sump system but with the main tank drilled 2 x 32mm holes .. top one 12" in from left side 2" down from top of tank..... bottom 18" in from right side 2" from bottom (hansen fittings).. overflow was bevelled ( like a villa bay window section) .. with modified u/g filter plate for overflow grill ... stand is divided so right side had sump custom built to fit area running 25mm pvc , plus hansen fittings thru out.. aqua 3900 return pump with return valve , basic queen skimmer and jager 300 wtt heater in sump plus bio tower ( used caulerpa's and live rock for nitrate removal...expect replies to this :roll: ) .... left side area had canister filter for removable media plus ran UV light and air pump as well. mods to cabinet were a 12" square cut out of the back panel where sump was for ventilation .

so all up the system runs the factory overhead trickle , overflow to sump plus UV & canister , 2 x solar white 1 x solar marine(actinic)..

hope this helps .. 8)