generousity above and beyond

minchton

It was not originally my intention to mention on this forum what happened to us today, because disasters are rather embarrasing.

I came in from outside this afternoon to find our favourite tank had blown the heater and the tank was on the point of boiling. Needless to say all but one of the fish had succumbed to the heat. All the discus and Debby's favourite fish were gone, a $1000 worth in all.

Having ordered some more fish from a member of this forum we had to contact the member and ask if we could cancel the order as we could no longer take them, although we would look at it again at a later date.

This person is a member of this forum although we have never met in person.

AND MY POINT IS

The forum is a place to exchange ideas and to promote and help the hobby of fishkeeping.

Much to our surprise the member has since contacted us and offered to sell us the fish at a much reduced price, and was prepared to hold them for a couple of weeks until we sorted things out.

We would love to say who it was but this is not fair and not what was asked for.

For this reason I have posted this message as a special thank you to the member and to also show the very great value there is in having this forum available to all>

So remember when in dire straits there is always some-one out there ready and willing to help if they can, and they are most likely to be a member of this forum.

Once again a special thanks to the member concerned.

Sorry to hear about your fishie losses :(

But...not totally surprised about the kindness you have been shown by the mystery person...if there is one thing I have learned here (besides all the fishy stuff :P ) is that New Zealanders have HUGE HEARTS!!!!! :bow::bow::bow::bow: