Alt feed for WCMM??

Aqua

I notice that a lot of people seem to ask about alternate foodstuffs for their fish... Is this just a tropical tank kinda thing, or are there foods out there other than the lovely MasterPet fish flakes?

"Irridated for your fishes protection" hehehe

I DO have VitaPet Goldfish Granules, but those are slightly bigger than my poor WCMM's mouths, so it looks kind of like a child chewing on a soccer ball, if you can imagine that for me!! :P

Any ideas people??? :)

Mine get tropical flake that I just crush between my fingers into a dust, this go's for all of my smaller fish, Baby Guppies, Tetras etc

Does this mean you have your WCMM's as a tropical? I have mine in a coldwater tank....

I did notice that when I got my white clouds(From the Hawkes bay club auction in Napier) that when I got them their bodies were silver with a gold stripe, but after a while they turned brown with a gold stripe. Dunno if it's because of the tropical temp, but all the others I've looked closely at seem to be silver with a gold stripe.

Ummm...That's not particularly relevant, is it?:)

Ummm...That's not particularly relevant, is it?:)

Not a problem, Ira :)

I think that the males actually have a bit more gold/brown on them than the females do, not sure, that's just a conclusion I reached this morning after waking up and watching the fishes swim :P

- I can do that seeing as my bowl is at the foot of my bed :lol:

The original fishes came from a river in the Chinese mountains. I doubt the water was very warm there :D

I always thought my coldwater minnows looked brighter in colour than the ones in warm water but another of our members felt his looked better as tropicals!

Ira said...

> That's what I've always heard, they look better as tropicals.

I've always felt that they look better as coldwater fish. I've

kept them outdoors and indoors in unheated tanks (actually,

I'm doing both at the moment). My longfinned minnows are

indoors (unheated) in my lounge and are doing very well. I

have normal minnows in my garage and outdoors and fry of both

kinds in my garage, all seem happy and healthy.

These are a good hardy fish that will breed relatively easily.

The fry look like baby neons.

Andrew.