oranda heads help

jobon

Yep.... Guess what I am reading.

Congrats on the babies.

Best thing to do is to keep feeding them good food and live food as well.

you will need to do some culling at some stage too to get rid of the single tail ones. heads will come eventually. be patient.

Wok

Yep.... Guess what I am reading.

Congrats on the babies.

Best thing to do is to keep feeding them good food and live food as well.

you will need to do some culling at some stage too to get rid of the single tail ones. heads will come eventually. be patient.

Wok

[Thank you Wok . What is considered good food as i have a few tanks I buy bulk flakes from jasens reading on trade me trout food is high in protien not to feed to much . am also feeding blood worm how often should i feed blood worm or should i not but only as a treat allso was on trade me as there is a oranda at moment he feed tropical fish tucker. only live food i have is mosey lava at time to time. have tried process crab cut fine thinking trying shirmp

OR am i going over board and it will come natural Thank you again joe

Hi, to get the head growth on the oranda, the best food will be daphnia and food that are high in protein content or you can make your own frozen food ( greenpea, fresh prawns, spinach, high protein pellets, spirulina powder, blend it all with a bit of water and bind it with gelatin. Let it cool and freeze it pack in thin slices so you can break it to feed.) HTH.