Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tank $?

Featured Replies

Merry Xmas everybody,

I have been offered a 125ltr glass tank but neither myself or the vendor knows what it is worth. It is fairly old but in good condition. 90x40x37cm with glass 0.9cm thick (solid describes it!). It was used as a turtle tank but comes with a cover sheet.

I want to buy it for a fair price since the seller is a friend, no extras are supplied.

Any ideas of what its worth? :-?

Cheers

Shilo

Shilo said...

> Any ideas of what its worth?

I would expect to pay around the $40 or $50 mark for such a

tank if I was looking for one. I recently sold a 60 x 24 x 12 inch

tank made from 10mm glass for $50 but it was in my way and

I was happy to see it go.

Andrew.

  • Author

Thanks guys,

Offered $60 for it since it would cost at least $20 to freight it here if I brought it in Auck.

Now in the middle of making a stand and hood. I'm thinking of using my current small tanks gravel, plants, filter and water so I can transfer the fish straight over to their new mansion. Will this work? or will the new tank still go through some cycling since over 1/2 the water and gravel will be new?

Cheers

Shilo

Shilo it worked for me when I transferred to new tank. I rinsed the new tank out well with fish antiseptic (masterpet) just to ensure no bugs n such were carried over. Have fun in setting up. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.