Kribensis Query

Lucid

Hi All,

Just a query on one of our kribs.

He is a largish male, in a community tank with his female and they are always colouring up to show off to each other. Thing is tho, when they arn't coloured the female is normal krib colours i.e the pale brown with the dark brown stripe, but the male always looks quite washed out, and the big concern is half his face( from the middle of the nose to the middle of the bottom of the jaw) is always a dark brown/almost black colour.

I have never seen this before and am wondering if i should be concerned, he is in a 660l tank with tank mates he has been with for quite a while now. Doesn't look sick, or damaged in any way.

Thanks Heaps In Advance.

B

Throroughly search the tank - including under every piece of gravel - for chewing/spitting tobacco. Primary cause of mouth and jaw cancer in the world.

As for the actual cause of the problem? I'm a n00b but I'd have to just assume it's a birthmark or a blood clot from some kind of impact. We had two jewel cichlids back in the day and one had something similar after a drop to a tile floor during a tank change (oops). It ended up outliving every other fish in the tank.