LOOP PUMPS

slappers

ok phoned hollywood today to try and sort out a couple of loop pumps for my new tank.

well when i said i wanted 4 holes in the bottom of my tank with bulkheads they said HOLES BOTTOM OF TANK NO NO :oops: just put some power heads or a pump thats going to push the volume of water you want,hmmm so do i do this now or stick with me 4 holes.(hasnt been built yet so still safe)

Assume you know there is nothing special about closed loop pumps? They are just standard pumps just need to have screw in fittings not push fit so they are less likely to leak. I use a secondhand Ehiem 1060 that cost me round $100, pies uses Ehiem 1262's (or maybe 1062?).

its just about bang for your buck, no point going to the LFS and paying 300$ for a pump if you can get something superior for 200$

second hand eheims are great as suphew said.

what are you planning to make your stand out of??? make sure your holes are drilled in a place that the stand can accomidate

ignore what hff said about drilling your tank. of course it is a risk, but one that is very minimal if done properly. your best bet is eheim or iwaki. both are very good for closed loops and well priced. i use a dolphin ampmaster world version (hooked up to an oceans motions) in a similar sized tank as yours for my closed loop. it does 13,500lph. eheim or iwaki wont do this but you can do what pies did and have multiple eheims, one for each spray bar. price wise this would work out cheaper. go eheim 1260's or 1262's. anything less for that size is not worth while doing.

the guys where i work are making me a steel frame up, told them its to hold a fish tank so be nice and strong then on top of that is a sheet of 25mm Mfd which with be coated with a sealer

ok need some 1260s or 1262s anyone know where to get these

new or second hand trademe not got any