Northlanders-----LOOK HERE!

Phillz

I have tried once before to get an idea of how many people here in Northland would be keen on getting a group going....after notices put in LFS and an ad in 2 local papers......I didn't even get one reply!

After talking to a few people, I have come to realise there are heaps of you out there, whether they have found this great resource or not.

Please reply here or PM me if you are interested in forming a Northland Group.....I will once again try an add in the Dargaville Newspaper, and the Whangarei newspaer.....can anyone suggest any other papers to put an ad in?

Come on Northies.....we gotta get a group going!!!

Well, looks like we don't have the enthusiasm right now.....I'm still keen though!

I was offered a venue and discount for members, meetings etc........just need interest!

Will keep this on the back burners.....I wanna Northland Group :wink:

Go ahead and organise a meeting then advertise it phillz and see how many turn up, rather than just ask if anyone is interested.

If no-one turns up it will be no great loss (except for the cost of the venue). Is it possible to find a free place for the inaugural meeting?

You have a cafe? :)

yeah but it would be too far to travel for most :roll:

A LFS in Whangarei offered there place up for a meeting with a special discount for members.......will try to sort something out with that.

Organising a first meeting is easy. Get the venue booked then put an advert in the papers and posters up on as many noticeboards as you can find. I can do some full colour posters for you if you want that will be sure to attract attention.

Give the title (eg. Northland Fish Nuts Meeting!), place and time then keep your fingers crossed. If you can arrange to have some fish and/or plants etc to swap, sell, giveaway then that would encourage attendance too.

If you have local free papers get them to do an interview with you the week before the meeting.

Anything and everything. First meeting, just get those present to introduce themselves and tell the others what their interests are, how many tanks etc and perhaps how they got into fishkeeping. From this, conversation ought to flow. You can discuss what they would like to get out of a club. If you ask everyone to bring a small plate you can easily chat informally over a cuppa.

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't think I will be able to put in the time and effort needed :(

Things are not so great at home, and to tell you the truth, I don't really know if I will be able to stay up North for much longer :cry:

• 5 months later...

hi there id love to help with ya northland club but am an hour away aswell i hope you have some luck there are lots of people up here even with fish. i only just found now that you were trying to get a club going have you had any success yet ? keep tryin. From chris in kerikeri . i am a member of the masterton club believe it or not lol. they are good fun