Conference 2005

cees

To report so far.

Caryl & Grant did make it across the strait an hour late and pretty roughed up. Caryl was out of it on travel pills so had a reasonable trip.

Warren was late due to car problems in Wanganui.

Other than that all arrived safely and on time and have had their first share of Taranaki Ale and wonderful food.

We made certain the temperature was lowered to 7c so they would feel at home. Even the heating at the venue went on the blink to assist with the lower temps. This of course is a planned method to assure fine conditions for the rest of the time.

The bar closed at 10.30pm and all toddled off to their various dwellings.

Alan sneaked out just after seven this morning and left town at 7 30am.

Good trip home

Didn't get lost.

Arrived home at 12.45pm

Had three stops on the way so take off 40 minutes.

One was close to 20 minutes while a herd of cows dispersed.

Good company.

Well, most of it was.

Great catching up with old buddies and making new friends.

Congrates Mitch, Debbie and others who after all ya had to go through, it turned out okay.

Start getting ready KapiMana for next year.

Alan 104

I got delivered home about 1 hour ago. Thanks for the ride Chris! And thanks for letting us go to Ezibuy and Bendon on the way home :D

It was a great weekend, thanks to Taranaki for hosting it. It was good to catch up with everyone again, and to meet a few new people!

I expect to see you all in Kapi-mana next year!

First lot of pics uploaded. Here are the ones taken at the AGM and evening entertainment.

In case you are wondering, the apple dance sequence was an attempt to teach them how to disco :lol: . Very funny to watch and I gather, from the laughter, the participants found it funny too - even the 2 who went on to have angina attacks afterwards!

Apple dancers from left to right are Robin, Lyn, Alan, Janey, Kevin and Denise

http://photobucket.com/albums/v144/cary ... 5&addtype=