Hello NZ!

luvfishies

Hi there folks! I must be the worst procrastinator! I've been meaning to drop by ever since CarylNZ came by the CommunityTank and settled in. Pegasus and Goldie, as well.

I figured, if those good folks are the norm here, "here" is a place I'd like to visit!

I've got some serious MTS, tanks in all rooms but the bathroom. Good thing I like the sound of water ;)

Anyways, I finally got off my posterior and joined. Hope to see you around!

Hi Luv... from really "down under" to really "up here" :D

To all who may stumble across this... in US - Canadian cross border posts, "up here" usually means Canada and "down under" means US... something that I didn't catch onto for a while, because I always thought of Australia as "Down Under".

Well, we live & learn... or just live, anyway.

CTank really does have a LOT of fish oriented focus... the weird & funny stuff simply came about because of us having troubles with the board, so that really only a core of people (who happen to be pretty verbal) have survived the various "incarnations."

So, like many people who only have themselves to talk to, we've grown a bit odd :D

That is also why we welcome new people with open arms...

Thank you thank you, people.

Just wanted to say that there seems to be some snarls with the CT site. Even some members in the US are having trouble logging in, and even getting the site to come up, so don't worry, we're still there, we still keep our eyes open, hoping to see that our NZ friends have gotten in.

Hope everyone here is well....I've got a stinker of a cold, seems to be dragging on. Oh well.....time to head to work!

I haven't been able to get into CT for a week now. It was ok when they first changed servers but now I just get the "Page Not Found" error. The last 2 days I have had the same trying to get into Tom's Place too.

I thought it was just me but Goldie couldn't access CT the other day when she tried. Don't know if she can now though.

I never have to log in my password as it is automatically remembered. The site actually worked tonight. It took me 2 and a half hours to catch up on the posts!

I tried all the addresses given but still no luck until tonight. Fingers crossed it is still accessible tomorrow!

Good point Bill but I am sure Ira could never forget us! :lol:

There are quite a few crossovers between our forum and theirs now. I always visit here first, then CT (USA based), then The Tropical Tank (UK based) and occasionally Tom's Place (USA based). I also pop into the Victorian Cichlid Socs. board sometimes but it is mainly cichlids and I don't have any.

I was able to get into the CT last night and again this morning so hopefully the problem has been sorted. Fingers crossed.

Gotta admit...

There's no place like home.

I hate these forums where you go back after perhaps only a day and find almost a hundred new posts.... Just can't seem to keep track.

I visit most of the above, and as I've said before, I carry the NZ Fishroom link everywhere and am proud to do so, as this is a great forum.

I find Boronia in Aust is another great board with a wide range of interests.

So many fishy forums - so little time!

You are right about the big ones being too hard to keep up with though. I like the friendly atmosphere here and in the CT.

I followed your advice Bill and put this forum's url in my signature when I sign up to other boards. Great idea!

Ira- Why don't you pay us a visit at CT? Just don't drive over there. I seem to remember you had some bad luck with car accidents and breakdowns. Still remember pictures you posted of your wreck on Aquaforums. Lots of familiar faces over there, but still small town sized. I see quite afew CTers showing up over here. Nz Fishroom and CT should be sister sites, like some towns do! :)