Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clown fish does not look well.

Featured Replies

  • Author

I am in Beachlands and would love for someone to have a look, I am doing another water change tomorrow.

Thanks

Arron

  • Author

I only have about 10% made up, I can get the rest from the beach? Is this ok to get the water and put it stright in?

I thought natural sea water needed to sit around for a while?

Other option is to make up another 20% tomorrow nomorrow night and do a water change

Were do you live?

What Nitrite test are you using?

What per cent water change did you do?

You shouldnt be reading Nitrite.

Water change not big enuff.

May have faulty NITRITE test kit.

What Nitrite test are you using?

What per cent water change did you do?

You shouldnt be reading Nitrite.

Water change not big enuff.

May have faulty NITRITE test kit.

your tank has not fully cycled properly if you are reading any nitrite. once nitrite is gone, you will read nitrate. once nitrate is gone, you will have happy tank

  • Author

Ok I did not do a water change last nite but a water test, I am planning a water change tonite. 10% weekly is what I do.

I have Nitrate at 10 and Nitrite at 0.1 will see what they are after water change. I will do 2 x water changes a week for a few weeks to see if this helps. I don't have big enough containers to use NSW unless I do heaps of trips.

The test kit is Hagen or something like that, its in the garage and its cold outside.

The only way to save your tankmates is to get rid of as much of the nitrite as you can. You need to try and do a massive water change.

10% will acheive absolutely nothing.

Can you manage to do that much? Go and buy some bigger contaniers today!!

I've got 4 20 liter containers I think high tide is around 8 ish tonight but do'nt collect from Beachlands use Maraeti wharf (there has been a lot of algie polluting local beaches. )

I doubt it has anything to do with nitrites, i suspect you tank has been going for sometime, whilst low levels of nitrite is not good, in seawater with the high ph it is not as bad as freshwater with nitrite levels.

I have not had a good read of the thread but what about the seawater, many people have had problems when using natural seawater and Kevans post seems to confirm this.

I have never had problems with natural sea water.

There may be something dumping in the sea nearby.

Sawage, Woodmils, etc. Something that may not show on the test kits that we would use.

Aaron

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.