April 27, 200521 yr comment_47243 Ok... I have cleaned out the over flow... I had bio balls in the over flow which was capturing food etc and the whole think stunk. Have cleaned it out and removed the bio ball. I have added a Phosphate remover to the overfdlow in a sock to try and reduce the posphate level 0.5 yesterday whats everyones thoughts Report
April 27, 200521 yr comment_47262 I would leave the overflow clear and let the crap settle in the sump. That way it will be easy to sypon out. The phosphate remover will catch a lot of crap in the overflow and probably start stinking too. It will have better water contact in the sump. Report
April 27, 200521 yr comment_47270 Slow down your feeding for a week and watch your Nitrite levels, They may rise. Ammonia gets broken down fast but nitrite gets broken down slower. removing too many bio balls at once can cause this. You may notice an increase in nitrite, YOU DONT WANT THIS!! BE careful! Craig Report
April 27, 200521 yr comment_47271 i agree with taking the bioballs out slowly, maybe a hand full once a week. This way you can slowly get the rocks in your tanl take the load, Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.