Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shaky day in Christchurch

Featured Replies

Well my, that was interesting! Just walking towards my rack of tanks out in the shed to do some feeding and cleaning and a 5.7 quake hit. I got to watch the tanks shake like some giant compartmentalised washing machine, water swirling and sloshing everywhere! So glad I solidly bracketed the big wooden rack to the wall - almost no loss of water from there and the tanks didn't move. The smaller metal rack was a bit more lively with quite a few litres of water now sloshing around on the (concrete) floor and I don't feel quite brave enough yet to go and mop it up. Might look at a better fixing method for that one next week!! Fortunately no fish lost out of tanks, be interesting to see how they behave for the next few days, if there are any signs of stress.

The Inside tank, on one of those tall, skinny, black stands (and who the heck designed those I wonder) has rahter a lot of water out of it, all over the nice wooden floor. Mop-up in progress. O.o

Hope all other fish keepers in Christchurch have been as fortunate. Think I need a good coffee now (or something!)

Edited by Colour_genes

I was driving quietly along Linwood ave in a jammed up line of traffic ,surrounded by orange road cones when I could not keep the car in a s

traight line at all. I thought one or two weels had come loose and I could not pull over to check. Came to a set of lights and stopped then started up quietly to see if it was going to do it again---no problems. That's the problem when you have had so many thousand quakes, you don't make the connection

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.