URGENT - Help required - potentially leaking tank

alienara2

Hey guys,

So I just noticed that on the left corner where my tank meets the stand, water is gathering. Placed newspaper under it and it's constantly being wet. Now it doesn't seem like the water is gushing out or anything like that and if I leave it alone it might be okay. 

I need some advice, it's a 200l tank. What should I do?

Thanks

Hey living, it seems to be coming from under the tank from what I can tell.

It has plastic surround on the top and at the bottom.

Trying to get a photo of it to send. Have cleared out the tank of the guppies and kuhli loaches... freaking kuhlis take forever to catch. Placed the guppies in a 60l and the kuhlis in a bucket for the time being.

tank2.jpg

Edited by alienara2

it is possible, particularly if the tank is not dead flat, that there is a crack on the bottom under the gravel.

Just remember that small leaks can develop in to large ones if the tank lets go under pressure.  Best to empty it completely, check the bottom of it, place it somewhere where a wet floor doesn't matter, refill and watch carefully.  

Edited by Adrienne

Alright so quick update, have removed all the gravel from the tank, took it outside and cleaned it up.

Doesn't look like there's any visible cracks. Filled it with water to see where the leak is even though I have a suspicions where it is. Water seeps out real slow so it might be a small hole in the sealant?

Another lesson, never use soil in an aquarium.... fking mess it is...