Maxines killis - Akure adventure

maxxi1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Rodney I have an amazing pair of Fundulopanchax Gardneri Clauseni Akure.

These fish are sooo friendly  and barely hide away from me... the males a chunky monkey haha and is rather round. He has beautiful colouration as does the female. 

Food ... lucky for me these are the only fish I've not had an issue with if they are hungry they will eat but their fav is white worms and they gobble them down super fast. 

Breeding ..  the set two have the sex life we all dream of hahahaha litterally they will swim by each other and cuddle up and lay an egg.. hahaha so I've been using spawning mops and two or three at a time as they like it thick... they spawn at the very top of the mops  eggs start to hatch about 14 days later but as I only have a pair the number of eggs isn't great yet. Trios would be superior.

I have about 15 babies ... they are now two months old they were removed from parents tank Dec 24 2015. The eggs were removed then...

Good fish for learners the eggs are not as big as gold panchax but they are very motivated to spawning. 

Tank set up is divided killifish tank... full lids they jump. . Higher then I ever will also... 2 spawn mops... a tiny peice of java and currently this is now a potted amazon sword... which they try to breed on... and a sponge filter I have been trying to maintain tank temp at 24ish but this heat has been pushing it up to around 27  and higher and this also hasn't seemed to affected them. 

Water changes are often and I add black water extract ( my secret weapon) tonic salt and some peat to the floor every now and then.