Just starting out

krawhitham

Hi everyone,

I live in Napier and I have just bought a 2nd hand tank and I'm hoping to start the process of cycling today.

It came with an under gravel filter, which I will replave with a 'better' filter but I'll just use it for now in order to start a fishless cycle.

Does anyone have advice on places to get equipment, other than a pet store (website suggestions, or somewhere that isn't obvious for getting equipment)

Thanks

edit: added where I live

Edited by krawhitham
adding better information

Welcome. If you add your location, there may be someone willing to sell you unwanted equipment. We also have the buy sell and exchange section in these forums.

Someone might have a filter to offer and can also provide cycled media.

I have a soft spot for under gravel filters and like them on tanks up to 2ft.

At the top of the page you will see a link to Local Clubs. Click on that to find details for the Hawkes Bay Aquarium Society. I am sure members there will be very helpful and I recommend you join their club.

Note that 65L is small so you will be very limited in species and numbers of fish you will be able to keep in there.

At the top of the page you will see a link to Local Clubs. Click on that to find details for the Hawkes Bay Aquarium Society. I am sure members there will be very helpful and I recommend you join their club.

Note that 65L is small so you will be very limited in species and numbers of fish you will be able to keep in there.

+1 to that about the hawkes bay aquarium society. I joined last meeting and it is a great group.