kritter crumble

Kritter’s Crumble is a pet safe substrate made from coconut husks. It can be used for a variety of pets, including snakes, turtles, lizards, small mammals, rodents, birds, insects and more. It contains no pesticides, chemicals or fragrances, and is completely bio-degradable. Kritter’s Crumble can be used both as bedding and as nesting for birds and reptiles.

Got this of a website

I don't have reptiles but my recommendation is that if shops are saying it is safe to use but people with leopard geckos who have used it or have investigated using it are saying no, then its best not to.

I think that the fact you are doubting whether or not you should is enough to find something else to use. :)

i know on the youtube videos snakebyte they actually use coconut fibre for them to lay there eggs in so cant see a problem.

but my opinion would be use what everyone else uses on here

i use newspaper as easy to clean etc but thats not fancy i have had a male get prolapse hemi penis from sand getting stuck in the shaft when breeding so have always stuck to newspaper and tiles after my issue.

but i know people that have used sand for years with no problems at all

i did use rocks as well at one point looked very cool but was hard to clean out having to pull them out all the time etc.

when choosing the subtrate remember whats easy to clean i recommend artificial grass in a show tank

I have seen coir (which is similar if not the same) or peat mixed with soil in turtle enclosures. An advantage would be that it holds moisture so helps maintain a damp environment for those that like it that way. Vermiculite will do the same thing, but I use sphagnum moss in nest boxes as it is less messy.