Kribensis advice needed please

nui

Hello, I have just joined this site in need for some helpful advice!

I have only been keeping tropical fish for a year (so not very experienced). I have a 190 L trigon juwel tank and have a variety of fish. Bosmani rainbows, gouramis, platies, upside down catfish, balloon mollies, and an electric blue ram along with some tetras and a mystery snail.

Two weeks ago i bought two kribensis to complete my tank,.... but oh my goodness what a nightmare!!! they must have given me a boy and girl, they laid eggs last week and three days ago i have loads of babies. The adult kribensis are attacking all my other fish even the shy upside down catties who just hide in their log. my ram is almost missing his tail!!!

I need to do something, but can i remove the kribensis and their babies when they're still so tiny? I dont have another tank large enought to remove all the other fish.

will their dominant protective behaviour subside after a few days??

Any advice would be much appreciated,

thankyou

Often with kribs, one parent will also turn on the other. Best to remove the babies and sell the parents. The aggression will not subside and once they have bred they will continue to do so, normally each time the fry become independent or are removed.

Your tank is already full as Boesmani rainbow grow large so you really don't need anymore fish in it :)