Steaming today

Benjansss

Had a great time in a steam today I caught a tiny cute Redfin bully about one and half cm a small female Redfin bully two shrimp and my frist ever blue gill bully all in under 40 mins :happy1: :happy2: :nilly: :bounce: :dnc1: :f77: :f77: :f77:

It's a stong enough flow that large plant material cicles around constantly i take fish if I can see other ones swimming around

You should probably make sure that you know that they the right type and that you can properly house them.

You often seem to take a large amount that can't be kept together with them thriving and it's not good for them - maybe stick to a few species rather than all of them?

Make sure you don't put it in with larger fish, bluegills are timid and easily out competed. Also, you'll want a strong filter. I think the recommended turnover is atleast 30 times per hour. So if it's in a 30 litre tank you'll want atleast 900 litres per hour of flow

You should probably make sure that you know that they the right type and that you can properly house them.

You often seem to take a large amount that can't be kept together with them thriving and it's not good for them - maybe stick to a few species rather than all of them?

I agree, I don't mean to be offensive in any way. But any fish taken from the wild will alter the natural balance, whether it's removing a predator or taking a peaceful fish from a breeding population. The only fish that you should take are young fish from healthy populations. Especially with the less common species.