New fish :)

Miz

Hi guys.

I have an established 70l tank, looking to add some fish to it. :)

It has (give or take) 15 guppies, and has 5 corydoras. Perhaps something that likes algae? (I think plecos get too big for this tank sadly because I'd love one lol) please suggest nothing that will eat my guppies lol. I do love them. :)

Plec is a common term. Thats a Gold Spot, Red Spot or Sailfin Plec - species Hypostomus or Pterygoplichthys at that size (red spot or gold spot or Sailfin) not a Bristlenose which belongs to the Ancistrus species.

It's easy to be confused. All more the reason for people using the correct names when selling.

He had the hairy things on his nose I donated him to the winter gradens green house pond when I felt he got to big for the tank his head was at least 8 cms wide

A lot of the various species have a few bristles on their nose, but yeah, if those dimensions are accurate that is waaaaay to big for any bristlenose.

Looked up all those types he didn't have a spotty patten and his back fin was much shorter then those maybe he was a hybrid he was also very very dark brown he was about 6 he had big barbel like things on the side of his head

Big barbel like things on the side of his head?

Sounds like you had a:

p15733doc.jpg

Catfish.

Well, that's interesting, my reply isn't showing up.

Hah, and this one did show up, but my other message IS showing up in the previous messages section, but not when viewing the thread directly.

I think the board is a little broken. :slfg:

Big barbel like things on the side of his head?

Sounds like you had a:

p15733doc.jpg

Catfish.

No not like that they where a little. Bit like barbels but where hard thick and could only come out about 2 cms from the head

We're going to need a picture for proper identification.

Unless it murdered someone then maybe we can get a police sketch artist's help?