What if...

SeargentSkull

That would be awesome..... How many litres is this hypothetical tank?

I would get 15 banded kokopu 10 giant kokopu a school of 50 inanga 5-10 torrentfish and dozens of bullies. Would be awesome!!!! Rocky with long native grasses across the back, fissiden covered logs and other natives popping up in amongst the rocks.....

Now please tell me you actually have all that and you want to give it to someone *cough me *cough :wink: :thup:

EDIT: I think there would also need to be a hypothetical bug farm next door.... Or a massive pond with millions of bugs in it :nilly:

500 wont get you very far on a ~4000L tank

Maybe a good sized school of Dwarf galaxias, upland and bluegill bullies and some torries. High flow with a sloping bottom from ~300 deep to 1m. Water turnover of edit 75,000 to 100,000 l/h should do it. maybe 40 - 50 000 l/h would be ok

If you wanted plants then go the bog/slow stream and have giant kokopu and mudfish. That would open up all the bog plants/sedes/etc. Do a two depth tank again

Don't waste your time here If your on your lunch break looking for something informational. This is a fun little question I decided to ask.

If you had a 4 Metre tank, with chiller and $500 to spend, what natives and plants would you stock it with.

Note:Only Stock with natives. :bounce:

4 meters, I don't think I'd have anywhere to put that. I'd go with schools of kokopu, redfin bullies and spend most of the money on big pumps to give it a bit of current and insulation to keep the cooling cost down.

Anyone in auckland that can help me set it up?

Just good to know because I'll be working on this project slowly and still need a stand.

Also, anyone going spotlighting or know any spots here in Auckland? Having trouble finding any.

Hey hey, i'm pretty keen to help - i'm located in Albany, couple of good spotlighting places - happy to show you my tank some time as well - just PM me :)

• 2 weeks later...