Happy happy

Benjansss

Thanks also i was wandering how much you guys feed your crayfish Also if they can grow back arms mine has one thats been ripped off ( bigger more agreve crayfish

Also in there for over a day and a half and has not touched one of the many plants

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now it's all set up but I got a bad algae problem it's not water born or on the glass its that horrible green sludge algae I have some algae killer but it says it's not crustacean safe which means I can't use it for this can someone give me the name of a crustacean safe one

• 4 weeks later...

Well I do have a crayfish tI did some steaming two days ago and I did catch an eel and a bully but it was a Redfin so I let it go I didn't think it would do well in my tank I also saw a big 6cm or so other bully but didn't catch it the algae proplem is getting a bit better since I added some dafina

• 1 month later...

The water is all clear now got a little bit of a slime algae proplem now I've got a secend cray but don't know if it's safe to put it in with the other one though it's about half the size but the other one is one armed I'm going to a spot I've been told has commen bullys on Waitangi Day

I have another tank he can stay in till he gets bigger if he can't go in their just yet thank you very mich :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry

Hey man, no need to get angry - he's just looking out for the native wildlife - just like we like to do. He's wanting to make sure that the fish are looked after the best as possible - and sometimes that's just not possible in a tank.

He does make a point though, you should really think about whether you should or shouldn't take fish from the wild.

I have a rule that I decide what fish i'm going to take before I go. When I go trapping for bullies, I decide that if i want bullies, i'll only take 1 bully for 5 that I find.

So if I catch 10 bullies, i'll take 2. That way you always ensure there are plenty still in the environment.

• 1 month later...

Just an update I have added three bullies that are commens or crans their to young to tell their is also a large school of water boatmen two types and gratiola sexdenta myriophyllum pr and lilaeopsis novae zelandiae from a wild pop