Air filtration

camtang

You loose too much pressure branching of the 4mm air line. Better to run a big (40mm) PVC pipe around your room and branch off that to each tank. Way easier to control each tank plus you wont have (much) pressure loos.

I have 39 air filters + three BS bottles running on a pump third the size of yours and I still have to leave three of the spare taps fully open because of too much pressure...

Pump feeds big pipe:

2G8YT7.jpg

40mm PVC pipe runs along the ceiling and every tank got a tap in the pipe:

GWHMBK.jpg

Cheers,

JaSa

If you put the control valve on to each line you can regulate the air flow and all of the filter will be going no problem.

I think Ron hit the nail on the head here if you have every line open to the compressor the air will just go to the air stones with the least resistance to it, if you regulate the air to each one then you should be ok, what I did in my room is run a 5 way gang valve off the droppers off the main line (which was 19mm irrigation tubing) then I could control the air and get them all going.

If you put the control valve on to each line you can regulate the air flow and all of the filter will be going no problem.

Still will have the friction problem + if you change one of the 5 filters on one of the 16 outlets you have to adjust / it will influence the other 4 as well. Like ryanjury said: the air will just go to the air stones with the least resistance to it. That means you have to play around a fair bit to get the system ballanced. And then a filter clocks up or a snail gets in there and the whole dynamic changes and needs adjusting again :nilly: Or if you change water and the level drops in one tank it will upset the whole system until you get the water level perfect again. Been there - not doing it again. I rather watch my fish then adjust the 36 filters all the time :)

Cheers,

JaSa