New Fish Owner

Marble

A friend gave me a Blue Planet 50 Litre tank a couple weeks ago.

I had the water tested at Animates and it is all apparently good.

I currently have in it 5 Pygmy Cories, and 4 Cardinal Tetras (had 6 but two died, will get two more soon).

I'm tossing up between putting a male Betta in it or two Kissing Gouramis, Which would do best in the tank? Or is there any species that would be better suited to live in the tank? I'd ideally like one or two bigger fish as well as the Cories and Tetras that are already there.

100000742078568pizapw1411433067.jpg

100000742078568pizapw1411433148.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Neons and cardanals (sometimes glow lights to)will school together as well as black neon tetras so you could get a bit more variety

I do reckon it may look a bit better if they had a slightly bigger school - what size school would you say is an okay size for the tank? (There are currently 6 tetras)

• 1 month later...

Lovely betta you have there.

Watch out he does not attack and kill the other fish, generally they do not do well in community tanks and should be kept alone, however in some cases they do well.

that nice long tail of his might go bye bye when those other little nippers have a go at it ( just watch out for them taking chucks out of his tail)