Magazine Subscriptions

David R

So does anyone still bother to read these old-fashioned things??

Amazonas_zps621cbfe9.jpg

I just got my first issue (plus three back-issues) of Amazonas magazine and I'm hooked. Head and shoulders above the other fish-related mags I've read over the years. I like that rather than attempting to cater for everyone it is aimed at the more experienced hobbyist and specifically fresh-water (there is also Coral magazine for the reef/salties), no columns answering the same old "what is cycling an aquarium" or "what does pH mean", just well-written articles on breeding break-throughs, habitats, taxonomy, new species, all accompanied with great photos.

There is a free sample-issue online here if you want to check it out; http://edition.pagesuite-professional.c ... 8308b79697

Looks great - had a quick glance and some stunning fish - are you getting physical copies or on-line access?

I'm getting the "proper" old-fashioned paper ones! Feels better sitting on the couch [in front of the tank] with a coffee and a physical magazine rather than a laptop...

Call me old fashioned but I also prefer to thumb through a paper copy. I've been getting a paper copy since the first issue. Its a fantastic magazine and a great read. Its also nice to see what available overseas such as all the colourful freshwater shrimps, different bettas, weird cichlids, cool plecos, .......

I've also been getting this magazine in hardcopy for a while now so a big +1 to what you said David.

I really love how they pick a certain topic and then really dig deep in it. e.g. the angelfish one where I think there are over 40 pages over various articles only about angels.

It's an awesome mag allright.

I've got 17 issues of the electronic version (which I think is all of them?)

I went for the electronic version because;

I couldn't wait for delivery of the physical one.

The electronic one comes in a PDF so doesn't detoriate.

Can load it into my kindle app, so it comes to wherever I want to read it.

The photos are high def, so I can zoom in.

I had no space to store the physical copies.

Just for giggles I sent one of the editors our fnzas magazine, the pleco edition, and they thought that was a good mag too....