Thicklip gourami, swelling on one side?

alexyay

I came back from a week-long holiday (father was feeding the fish) so I don't know how long she's been like this. I've had her just under a year, now.

She's sitting on her side, kind of sinking whenever she tries to swim, leans to one side, not eating from what I can tell, but trying to swim.

She's got this weird kind of swelling on the right side of her face, it's hard to tell but it looks kind of "lumpy", and there's a small lump at the base of her fin/underneath her gills. I found out this swelling/lump this could indicate a thyroid tumour but haven't been able to find any pics of one.

She's the only sick fish, in a tank with honey gouramis and indian banded gouramis, she's usually the boss. No visible injuries, nothing external.

Ammonia and nitrites 0, I don't believe my nitrate test kit is giving me accurate results so I'm yet to go out and buy a new one to test it with.

My initial thought was eggbound, so I moved her to my other tank with thicklip gouramis (stupid move, it's not infectious), but no improvement, so I'm moving her to the hospital tank with another honey gourami (who's healing from some wounds from the store) and will treat them both with salt at 1/2 a tbsp/gallon.

10530699_10203369637794917_5999700017279046749_n.jpg

10527809_10203369649995222_2375063001930050661_n.jpg

10552566_10203369652635288_8869891573052355151_n.jpg

It could be a gravid female---they usually fill with eggs mainly on one side

Oh, really? I mean I thought eggbound initially, but I've not had an eggbound fish look this sick (but I've only ever had eggbound tetras before). So I guess the question is whether she's better off in the salt treatment or with the tank with the male D: I had her in the tank with a male overnight with no effect, but not looking any sicker either.

She passed away overnight - no response to meth blue or salt. I didn't find any eggs when *attempting* (note that I don't have the proper tools with me) to dissect her, but a lot of her organs just went a dark green and she was the worst smelling fish I've ever dissected. After death her abdominal area went a dark green too. I still don't know what caused it :dunno: