Water Additives

Clairet

When we first started our tank off about 6 weeks ago the pet shop sold us some Nutrafin Cycle & Nutrafin Aqua plus and said we need to use it every water change. Do we or are they just trying to sell us more stuff? I have been using it but the bottle of Cycle is just about out and wondering if I need to buy more or not

Do we or

No.

are they just trying to sell us more stuff?

Yes.

I have been using it but the bottle of Cycle is just about out and wondering if I need to buy more or not

Possibly, you only need to add something to neutralize chlorine/chloramine if your water has it. Anything else is usually a waste of money.

Possibly, you only need to add something to neutralize chlorine/chloramine if your water has it. Anything else is usually a waste of money.

We are in Napier and our water doesn't have chlorine in it so am I correct in presuming I don't need to add anything to the water at all?

Christchurch does not normally chlorinate the water either but with all the shakes going on and repairs to water mains they are required to sanitise the pipework after repairs so some here are using dechlorinaters. If you have no chlorine you will have no need for additives.