Anabantoid-safe fungal cure

alexyay

I've been warned against using Pimafix and melafix on anabantoids (either effects the labyrinth organ or they can't breathe through the oil on the top of the tank?) - I have a honey gourami who appears who have developed a small fungal infection so I'm wary against using Pimafix for it.

I'll be treating the whole tank (although he's the only one with symptoms), which contains 1 honey gourami, 1 thicklipped gourami, 3 indian banded gourami, 5 american flagfish and 5 red whiptails.

He had these little patches which I was keeping an eye in thinking they might be wounds, but this morning he's got a couple more and one over the top of his eye (not on his eye or anything like that).

10314021_10202891685886418_8346929051853819504_n.jpg

I may well be wrong but they look like bite marks to me (very similar to the ones my discus get when they are fighting).

I thought they were at first but now he's got a bit just above his eye and it's looking more fungal (he's usually more coloured than this too) - my female thicklipped gouram is being quite territorial (not sure whether adding a male will help or not? Let me know if you've got any ideas) and picking on others, but leaves him alone. I've not seen any fish actually pick on him (she's been picking on the Indian banded) - but I will remove her if I have to.

Fungal infections are usually opportunistic infections of wounds which may also have bacterial infections, Something like wunder cure may work as it has a range of ingredients that are useful for treating both bacterial and fungal infections as well as parasites.

Fungal infections are usually opportunistic infections of wounds which may also have bacterial infections, Something like wunder cure may work as it has a range of ingredients that are useful for treating both bacterial and fungal infections as well as parasites.

Ah - looks like I'll be doing that in a spare tank, then :)