Algaefix

mangolm

It is an algaecide but I would not recommend it as a first option nor would I recommend it for long-term use in a tank with fish. ODing it can have serious consequences - also be careful as people have experienced ammonia spikes after using it as when all the algae dies off it will give off ammonia and some small tanks and small filters aren't prepared to handle the sudden increase.

Natural methods are always the best methods to get rid of algae, as you have very little risk towards the fish (it's essentially a weed killer, while at low concentrations and reasonably safe, it is not something I would want to use long-term or be careless about dosing rates).

I was only thinking about using it to rid the algae from one of the pipes/tubes coming off my filter. And possibly a once-off in a newly planted tank. Certainly not as a long term solution.

My plants were all taking off so incredibly well i thought it would be okay to up flourish dosing to 2x weekly instead of 1x... i should have played it safe :( Live and learn