Heater Help!

debabelz

I bought a sunsun submersible heater a couple of days ago followed the instructions to a T and it isn't working properly! I also tryed to adjust it as it is set on 26 but the dial won't move at all, when I feel it in the water its coldish, unplug it and take it out the water its hot.... theres a button on the top which in the picture shows popped up what is that for....what is going on?

, when I feel it in the water its coldish, unplug it and take it out the water its hot....

That's normal for low power or large(Physically not output) heaters. Water absorbs the heat produced by the heating coils inside that the outside only gets slightly warm.

Heater says 26 what temp is tank?

Do you have a decent thermometer?

Button may need to be depressed to alter temp.

Thats what I am wondering.

If there is no separate thermometer in the tank there is no way of calculating the actual temperature the heater is heating to. Water at 26 degrees is not hot to the human touch.

I googled it, if you pull the button at the top up then you can adjust the temperature.

It sounds like the button is for calibrating the thing. You pull the button up and soak it in water of a known temperature, then when the heater is at the same temperature as the water you adjust the heater to that temperature and push the button down. Either that or you turn the knob to adjust the thermostat with the heater.