newbie :)

zarabenfell

Hi I'm Jemma.

I have a 190L corner Juwel tank I have started off slowly with a java fern, anubias and some neons I'm now starting to add a few extra fish slowly.

I joined FNZAS because it seemed whenever i asked google a question it would send me here :).

I do have one problem though the java fern started getting black around the edges so i did most of the things i have read uped my co2 kept the light down to a minimum (maybe 5 hours a day) and now i have cut most of the leaves off will it take off again?

I can't grow java fern unless I put it in a tank with no lighting and forget about it. I don't think it likes particularly high lighting conditions.

It is not a root feeder, it needs fertiliser in the water column ie flourish comprehensive.

um I'm sorry but i cant work out how to load the picture to here but it has little black spots all over it it even has holes in some parts of the foliage and when i was pruning off the bad leaves i noticed a black slimy sludge down in the root system?

and i have chopped off a fair bit of the anubias leaves as well but the new growth coming through is looking good because it was hidden under the bigger leaves.