Greetings from the wild wairarapa

Michaelt

Glad I finally signed up, slacker on my part. But, I'll put it down to getting busy (in an appropriate way that is) with my inherited 130L tank, which has evolved into an addiction that a counsellor would be proud of. Went from a couple of tetras, to a couple of discus (more on the way), angels, cardinals, neons, plattys, a betta (rip), silver sharks etc. clearly my spatial skills are rubbish, so ive just brought a 400L that's I'm slowly setting up, will be an ongoing work in progress as the budget permits, but I am guessing some of my current fishy friends will be doubly wet at the thought of a new, bigger and more spacious residence.

Anyways, enough rambling, look forward to your words of wisdom, and sharing some fishy tales.

(is it me or is that something terribly Freudian in this)? :fshi:

I'll upload some photos when I figure out that bit.

Cheers to ya

Michael

:wave:

Ps. Does any else live around here with fish, it looks like there used to be a few plus a club of some sort, but appears its gone fins up?

:wave: welcome.

Yes there used to be a really active group in the Wairarapa but, like many, it has fallen by the wayside with people seeming to lose interest in face to face meetings :cry:

You will find a lot of people in the area do keep fish though. You just have to mention you have them and you will be surprised how many others then say they have too.

Hey all, thank you for your kind greetings, and a little bit of history about the fish keepers around here. And welcome Geoff, how are you finding the rapa so far?

A quick question, has any bought from exotic aquatics off trademe? I was meant to meet him today in town to pick up some fish, but I found I'd given him the wrong contact number (bad iPhone keyboard)... If anyone happens to have a contact number I'd appreciate it.

Geoff, what's in your collection?

Michael

And welcome Geoff, how are you finding the rapa so far?

Sleepy enough :rolfl:

Geoff, what's in your collection?

In no particular order.......

L046

L034

L129

L142

L140

L239

L204

L104

L270

L260

GBA

GBA - long fin

Bristlenose

Bristlenose - long fin

Calico Bristlenose

Calico Bristlenose - long fin

And a few other random things.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard. I have kept fish for years and used to belong to the Wirarapa Fish club.

I held the position as President, Editor, and Secretary of the club over the years. Stoped going

to meetings when I moved out to the country and my hours of work changed. Nice to know there

are still keen fishkeepers in the area. Maybe we should try and set something up so we can help

others in the area.