Nautilus OR FX5?

POWER77

Quick question...

I have a 450L, Currently running 1x Aqua one 1200 and 2x Eheim internal 2012 filters. Because it is a African tank I am looking at a high stocking density so am after a good quiet external filter.

Have read good reviews on both the FX5 and Aqua one Nautilus CF2700. Taking into account the price difference of about $250 (FX5 more expensive) I am leaning towards the Aqua one. Has anyone owned both? and if so how do they compare?

Also interested in feedback on the two individually, thanks for any advice in advance :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've found my 2700 to be fine, but my stocking will be less strenuous than lots of africans and I sometimes have issues with it getting reasonably clogged. Given the choice, I've heard good things with the fx5, and its rated for larger tanks so may be better in the long run?

Had a measure up last week and found the FX5 was way too big to fit through my cabinet door and wasn't that keen on cutting the side off so got the CF2700 on Saturday. Am running it with a CF1200 and 12000 LPH wave maker so water circulation is really good and the wave maker blows any crap off the bottom towards the intakes.

Will update in a week or so, only had it running a few days so can't comment much on performance apart from the fact it's super quiet and and has a good output. Oh aaand most of the fittings are made from really flimsy plastic (already cracked one). I spose that's to be expected for the low price compared to other brands around the same size though.