Howdy from Christchurch

gwenami

After the earthquakes, I gave up having tanks in bouncy houses...but then someone at my office decided to get a tank that was far too small for anything to survive, and after a few of her fish died, she decided she didn't want it anymore.

I'm the proud mom to a wee goldfish and a sole white cloud minnow. Have purchased a bigger tank and am waiting for it to cycle before introducing the dastardly duo to their new home.

It's exciting to have a tank again! My husband is already telling me I'm only allowed one for now...we'll see how long that lasts ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

The original tank is only about 15L (and currently at the office), and I've just gotten a 62L- I could put the sponges in the original filter and pop it into the new one. Do you think I'd need to wait long for the bacteria to establish through the rest of the newer filter?

The filter that's come with the tank is only good for up to 55L (looking to get a new one shortly).

Do you think it'd be too hard on the fish if I filled it up and swapped the sponges over?