Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Howdy from Christchurch

Featured Replies

After the earthquakes, I gave up having tanks in bouncy houses...but then someone at my office decided to get a tank that was far too small for anything to survive, and after a few of her fish died, she decided she didn't want it anymore.

I'm the proud mom to a wee goldfish and a sole white cloud minnow. Have purchased a bigger tank and am waiting for it to cycle before introducing the dastardly duo to their new home.

It's exciting to have a tank again! My husband is already telling me I'm only allowed one for now...we'll see how long that lasts ;)

Welcome. Can you not use the filter (or media) from the small tank in the new one? Then there is no need to wait for it to cycle.

  • Author

Thanks for the welcome!

The original tank is only about 15L (and currently at the office), and I've just gotten a 62L- I could put the sponges in the original filter and pop it into the new one. Do you think I'd need to wait long for the bacteria to establish through the rest of the newer filter?

The filter that's come with the tank is only good for up to 55L (looking to get a new one shortly).

Do you think it'd be too hard on the fish if I filled it up and swapped the sponges over?

You are not adding more fish, you are increasing their water volume. The amount of bacteria would be the same if you just put the old media in the new filter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.