Quiet Smaller Air-Pumps

Colour_genes

Hi, I am running one of my very old Masterpet Airpumps (17+ yrs old) with 3 foam filters in 3 x 20l 'tanks' (well, actually they are translucent plastic 'Hobby Cubes' from Bunnings :lol: cheap, practical and great for fry). Anyway, crikey is that pump noisy!! :-? . Fortunately it is out in our converted (to a bird-room with a few tanks) garage, so not intrusive at night. But I would like a nice, new, really quiet one - but as I don't want to go through the whole trial and error thing, could I get some recommendations on current models available as to quietness and ease of use, reliability etc. Thanks

Level of quietness of the air pumps I have used or still use, ranked from quietest to noisiest -

Stellar (now known as Aqua One Stellar)

Eheim

Aqua One & Hailea =

As far as reliability goes I haven't had issues other than worn out diaphragms with any of them. I personally prefer Stellar.

• 6 months later...

I have an older Eheim 100 - looks identical to the new ones in shops. I find it is only a little bit quieter than my small Blue Planet one

My Eheim also died on me - Opened it up and the magnet had broken off the arm that works the diaphragm. Still need to get round to gluing it back on, but should work fine if I do... that might be what is up with yours Vervo

Hi, If it helps at all, I eventually bought a (Aqua One) Stellar 200D, which is currently running 8-10 smallish foam filters with no trouble. It is relatively quiet as well, certainly a lot quieter than the old one. I have it hung up on a hook on the wall, with a sheet of felt between it and the bare wall-boards, which seems to help with lowering the noise factor.