bristol shubunkins

chopper

Shubunkins are about but I can't say I have ever seen bristols or any decent shubunkins in a long time. Goldfish were banned from being imported for many years so the quality has not been good for a while. I understand they can now be imported but I don't know if anyone has. I don't imagine it would be easy or very financially rewarding.

Cheers. I have never seen Bristol's myself so thought I would ask as I have been after for a while but no luck. don't want the calico comets they have at pet stores, want proper Bristol's. Failing that a good London would do, i may have to create one of those ( I have the stock and knowledge) but a bristol would be difficult to pull off.

Many (I'm talking 20+ here) years ago there was an old guy in Wellington breeding some seriously nice goldfish in a whole bunch of concrete tanks in a ?converted plant nursery. Got taken there a couple of times by a friend, can't remember the suburb even, bought a bunch of Orandas and Shubs. He did have what looked a lot like Bristol Shubs, not sure if he had created the line or where they were from, but they really were beautiful fish. Pretty sure he will have passed away some time ago, but maybe some of his stock was bred on from, somewhere in the area. But how you would locate it now, I have no idea.