Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Photos Please!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 166
  • Views 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is no problem to have cleaners and boxing shrimp in the same tank.

Currently have a number of boxing shrimp pairs with 50 or so cleaners.

Well I'm still struggling with this photography thing, but managed to get a couple of photos that work. The top one is one of my little yellow acropora gobies, these guys are brilliantly colored and have a great personality.

The next pic down is my sailfin tang, you can just see him peeking out.

And of course there is some of my corals.

I've tried to do a full tank shot but there is something wrong with the light it always comes out so overexposed you can hardly see it. Anyhow, I'll keep working on it.

3.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Pies, although I'm not quite sure if you are taking the mickey :wink:

I am looking forward to the day when I can put up some beautiful pics like it seems just about everyone on Reef Central has :) The corals are getting there slowly.

Yes I am using zeovit which is a great help, and there is still quite a learning curve as I'm very new to sps, I've recently had phosphate levels too low which has made the corals pale, I'm still learning a lot about the fine tuning of the water chemistry.

But it's all good fun! and very interesting.

Also I'm working on a home made coral food, which the sps seem to like it really gets their polyps out. I'm trying it for a while and I may eventually market it.

wasp put me down for a frag of the pink monti, the tanks looking great, do you have more than one clown goby?? if you do be carefull theat they dont start nesting in your acros

  • Author
Thanks for the kind words Pies, although I'm not quite sure if you are taking the mickey

Nope, dead serious. Its nice to see such great colour and I can really see the potential.

Pie

Thanks for the encouragement guys (and girl :wink: )

Brian I have some frags of the red one but they will not be available until the frag tank has finished it's QT on August 20th. Also be aware this coral will brown easily and look pretty average if conditions are less than very good. You into zeovit yet? If not I'd def recommend it.

Yes I see what you mean Pies about the potential, that's how I feel, I am starting to see it. I've only got into sps recently and it is a lot more complex than the other corals to do right. It is two steps forward and one backwards all the time, but the general gradual improvement is encouraging. I'm hoping in maybe a year or two to have a nice showpiece of a tank, even though a small one.

red?? is that just the colour of it in a zeo tank?? ive got a red monti at the mo but its a nice deep reddish/orange.

i'm looking into zeovit for my new tank but i cant do anyting untill then as im sumpless and dont want any more equiptment cluttering up.

nice bubble's kevan

Nice one Kevin, I see it's got it tentacles out! Ready for action!

Brian they can be that colour in a non zeo tank if water is good plus strong light. I'll bet the one you have is the same one. Try moving it into the strongest possible light and see what happens.

You should be shooting for a Po4 level around 0.015, not essential but it will help.

i got mine from chris, looks the same now as it did in his tank, his was really low down and its quite alot closer to the light in my tank. what did it look like when you got it? does anyone else know that they have the same monti as chris? reef im sure you do (i think he got his from you) if so what does it look like?

Mine monti is also a red/orange colour, started off pink but then changed to the red colour. acually the pink colour is how they come in.

I prefer the red myself.

That might be it Brian but I'm not totally sure. The frags in my frag tank where I am not too fussy about nutrient levels are similar, but go red if I put them in my main tank.

Peter (RBN) has a frag of it and his is nice color, better than mine. It is not a zeo tank, but his is under a 400 w MH. I have several frags of this in my tank and the closer they are to the light the nicer the color. BTW they are normally a darker color than in the pic, I have accidentally been running the tank with Po4 levels to low, resulting in very pale colors, I am now allowing Po4 to rise a bit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.