Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Photos Please!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 166
  • Views 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my fish tank which I am moving in 2 weeks, oh dear can't wait. I have Keven from Beachlands helping but still asking friends.

My tank is 8months old and use zeovit

Hope it works this time!!!!!

390653_00000_preview.jpg

390652_00000_preview.jpg

390651_00000_preview.jpg

390650_00000_preview.jpg

390649_00000_preview.jpg

It is there to try and keep the sand in one place, does not work, it is not setup well at the moment as I'm moving. Everything is just sitting blowing in the wind.

Will be a little differnt but looking differnt... and yes the rock will be gone.

Question..... turn down the current and keep the sand or @#$#$%% the sand?

What does everone else do?

I have a PH on the opposite side to try and help but the tunze has too much grunt and I can't afford two.

Also want a night sensor for this pump if anyone has one.

Ditch the sand and go starboard equivalent. I'm currently bare bottom, but will probably be adding a faux sand bed bottom when we shift house.

What is faux sand bottom?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392144&highlight=faux+sand+bed

There are quite a few threads on RC about faux sand beds. I think this is one of the first. Basically, it is just an epoxy mixed with sand that is attached to starboard (cutting board). It gives you the sand look without the nightmare of sand drifts, bare spots, etc... that is quite hard to avoid with high flow.

The downer is that (as with almost all BB) coraline growth will start to cover the bottom over time, and you won't see the nice sand bottom unless you scape it off, lucky enough to have an urchin to eat it off, etc... I will deal with that hurdle once it becomes a problem.

sounds good but don't think I have time for this when I have to move my tank. I don't have a spare tank to make things simple.

It will be all go, with containers etc.

Yay my hairy mushrooms have finished splitting up. They have gone from 1 to 2 and then to 6.

Time to move them around the tank to fill in all the empty spaces.

Tried putting the pulsing xenia back in the tank but the bicolour angel goes straight to it :(

Need to find more things to put on the rocks :)

duke - where did you get your coral banded shrimp from? is he out the front often or shy? im after one of those - for the cool and styley looking factor :D

Chimera,

I got the little guy from Hollwood, he only comes out after lights out unless he hungery. When he's hungery I can hand feed him bits of shrimp.

My blue tang like to get a scrach from him / her (who knows) back in to him, quite cool.

$79.00 Worth evry cent as he adds a bit of realism to the tank, after all in the wild there are more that corals and fish.

Oh he has even bitten me, did not hurt but was cool. Attitude !!!!!

I used to have a pair of coral banded. They were great. Walked around the tank bottom all day. The male would find food and take it to the female. When she did we got another female but they never acted the same. She was very shy so they hid a lot more. The male took on a little lobster I had and lost one front claw. Still went back for more. Gave up when he had lost both big claws and all but one leg on one side.

After research here what I found about coral banded shrimp.

You can buy them in pairs, they can be caught in the wild this way.

Can eat other shrimp including other coral banded shrimp of the same sex.

Cheers

  • Author

Check my tank thread for pictures of my mated pair, They spawn every month or so.

They were purchased at different times and formed their pair in the tank.

Pie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.