How about those blackhats

camtang

Define underachieving. They have just gone 2-0 up in the test series and 2-1 up in the ODI against a team who is ranked above us.

Who are you judging them against?

pretty short memory you have, that may put us up to 7th haha and you didn't watch the bangladesh tour but they may go ahead of us and keep us in 8th??

currently ranked:

8th out of 10 test teams (below us are zimbabwe and bangladesh who white washed us last month)

8th out of 13 ODI teams (3 of the 5 teams below us are ireland, netherlands and kenya)

8th out of 16 teams 20/20 (teams below us include power houses such as scotland, afganistan, ireland, kenya and canada)

i think that is pretty definitive.

pretty short memory you have, that may put us up to 7th haha and you didn't watch the bangladesh tour but they may go ahead of us and keep us in 8th??

currently ranked:

8th out of 10 test teams (below us are zimbabwe and bangladesh who white washed us last month)

8th out of 13 ODI teams (3 of the 5 teams below us are ireland, netherlands and kenya)

8th out of 16 teams 20/20 (teams below us include power houses such as scotland, afganistan, ireland, kenya and canada)

i think that is pretty definitive.

I read that as a team on the up. Look at the current talent we have going round, dark horse for the world cup next year.

That's funny, we are only just above the teams that are considered minnows and have a very short history in the game at an international level. if we are on the up and are a dark horse then Bangladesh should have a better chance of winning.

And its Black Caps not Black hats :lar:

Bangladesh should have a better chance of winning.

In ten years time they will be world beaters, they are an asian country who love the sport. They are hard to beat on their home soil, but still learning their trade outside of it.

Look at what the kiwis did to England over here in the tests. They have a great bowling unit building for the future with great depth, a batting stock that is looking stronger with Ryder playing in blak again, cool heads like Williamson and Wattling through the top and lower order and as much as I don't like his style of steering the ship a very aggressive tactical captain. All positive signs for the future of NZ cricket and they deserve the dark horse tittle playing on home soil.

as myself and cam were there today, we are well in with a chance for the world cup. cam? back me up!

:thup: For sure!

And its Black Caps not Black hats

Are you sure? I would of thought that the multipul shirts, hats, flags and other apparel I have at my house said hats not caps. Who'd a thunk it.

factually, they are rated 8th out of the 8 main countries in all forms of the game. That's last, so not dark horse nor good chance territory.

Are you sure? I would of thought that the multipul shirts, hats, flags and other apparel I have at my house said hats not caps. Who'd a thunk it.

very sure. you may want to check out http://www.blackcaps.co.nz and see for yourself. :D

8th isn't last when there is over 10 teams in all forms :facepalm: 2 of which are test playing nations.

very sure. you may want to check out http://www.blackcaps.co.nz and see for yourself.

And here I was thinking you would of been smart enough to pick up my sarcasm and lovingly adopted nickname for the hats.... Maybe not huh :dunno:

i said last of the main countries, the two below us in test rankings are zimbabwe and bangladesh :facepalm: . Zim have been a test nation since late 1992 and bangladesh in late 2000. We started playing in 1930 so we are last of the main countries.

ah, your sarcasm. I got the sarcasm on the parts about how we have a good chance and are dark horses but not on the incorrect name :dunno: :sml1:

the stats and rankings on our actual performances are terrible, occasionally we have a good run but they are few and far between unfortunately. we simply aren't very good for any length of time, that length of time being much shorter than other teams like australia, south africa etc. every team has it's peak and building phases but we have a lot more building than peak times. It's no where near our main game so have limited numbers playing so that makes it hard to achieve greatness, not a big enough pool of young players to rise into the big game.

I for one have faith in them. It's great seeing them play on home soil and doing alright again.

We have a relatively young side now with a new coach, and I think that we've already sunk to our lowest point and we're now on the up again. Just look at the Aussie side. They went from a team of old hands to an almost brand new team in a season and they suffered for doing so. But they've just beaten England in the Ashes series and are definitely looking a lot better now.

P.S. a blackhat is a type of computer hacker :P

• 2 weeks later...