white worm culture

discusnoob

Hi all

I have put my white worm culture into a shoe box (didnt have a foam one available and it seems to be doing fine)

The culture has been going now for a couple of months, to be honest I harvested way too early when not knowing anything about it (have since let the culture grow and not touched it and things are moving nicely), have since switched from bread to cat food on advice and the population seems to have flourished. That and keeping the soil moist, the worms are feeding well now and the old days of mouldy food on top are gone as the worms devour everything.

My question is, what is the best way to fatten worms up, I notice a tonne of worms but thousands of worms are like mini size, is it a case of waiting and the worms naturally over time grow larger and fatten over time? because have got thousands of them that are sort of 5mm long

Cheers :)

cheers, you see so many posters on youtube about what they think their magic formula is, yet it sounds like white worms will eat most things and the important thing is the environment you keep them in

just the two times i dropped the worms in there were a number of big juicy worms but looked like thousands of really micro tiny white worms falling, which thought of indicated that i should wait a bit for the population to mature? didnt stop the smaller fish going for them but the top swimmers could not even really see them