Midget Platy

NoFishing

I have a little girl that stopped growing when she got to about 1.5cm. She's about 3-4 months old now. She's orange with black tail and fins. Every other baby platy I've had would have been full grown by now and having babies of their own.

Is this common for a platy to stop growing? It would be cool if they were all this size. A lot less mess.

I have a little girl that stopped growing when she got to about 1.5cm. She's about 3-4 months old now. She's orange with black tail and fins. Every other baby platy I've had would have been full grown by now and having babies of their own.

Is this common for a platy to stop growing? It would be cool if they were all this size. A lot less mess.

Midget is considered offensive. The proper term is dwarf. :slfg:

did she breed yet? sometimes lady fish stop growing after they first spawn/birth

No, she is still a baby (size wise) and there are no males. I got rid of them all to stop the population explosion.

She is perfectly formed but about 2/3 the size of the Neon Tetras. If anything her fins are a little long for her size, but not by much.

what are your nitrate readings, live bearers tend to get stunted growth in nitrates much above 20ppm

It's a heavily planted tank so usually all the Nitrates get used up and not much more than 0, however I did see them get to around 20 a month or so ago, so I stepped up the water changes. All her siblings grew up though. Just this one stayed small.