Boyd's Rainforest Dragon?

DomDaw

I thought so too, never heard of anyone owning them or anything. The guy that wanted to trade was from Hustle live, which is a Facebook group known for scammers. He wanted one grand for it which is too much I'm willing to spend and I'm not willing to do bank transfers or anything.

Just saw it on facebook and searched the picture on google that he sent. Came up from a site in australia.

Baby's first reverse image search :3

Of course they wouldn't use their own image, they just grab whatever stock they can find on Google, which is also illegal. They're quite clearly scammers, report them as you see them.

He may have one and be in Australia with it. You still can't import it legally. If it is in NZ and you buy it be prepared to lose your lizard and your money. Stick to leos or get a permit for natives.

On his profile he says he's from counties manakau.

Although you can't trust everything they post on facebook. I'm going to do some research on natives.

I won't start this till next year though as I'm not 100% sure I will be staying in New Zealand and I don't want to be stupid and get stuck with some natives, wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

This is quite a unusual reptile for someone to be claiming they own in NZ and i have seen this photo and it is most certainly a scam as he claims its a female in his backyard but in fact its a photo off google images of a female in australia. Its simply his choice of reptile in this scam that confuses me...

Yeah it confused me too! Normally the people on hustle live aren't very errr experienced. Why would he choose a boyd's rainforest dragon. He could have just posted a bearded dragon. It would've been much more convincing. Plus how does he actually expect to scam me? Like I would obviously want to come see it first and pay cash. So confusing.