What sand is softbelly safe?

gemelee

I am looking for a natural looking sand that won't be to sharp for my kuhli's.

There were some bags at bunnings (can't remember the name :facepalm: ) $9.95 for 20L. It was outside with the gardening stuff not with the concrete sand, so I'm guessing play sand?? Is this safe for kuhli's?

i am using play sand from bunnings. you do need to fill and empty the tank a few times to get the water running clear but once it's all clean it looks great.

i use sinking pellets to feed my fish. i notice some of them especially BGK have trouble eating pellets off the sand without having to spit out a mouthful of sand...

i am wondering if fish ingest sand while eating off sand substrate.

ingesting sand wouldn't be to bad a problem as as long as it isn't sharp it will just pass straight through them and comes out with there poo's. You can get problems with gravel as when they swallow it it can get stuck in there digestive tract causing constipation and possible death.

i am wondering if fish ingest sand while eating off sand substrate.

I'm pretty sure they must do. My cories take sand in through their snouts and snuff it out through their gills, I'd have thought their gills would be even more delicate than their digestive systems.