Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Test Kits

Featured Replies

Interesting. I recall someone (Caryl?) saying one club had a meeting where everyone brought along pH test kits of all different age and brands, they did a comparison and found that event he expired ones still were accurate. I finally used up my API pH test kit last week (about 3 years old) and I did a test side by side with the new one and they were both identical. I guess companies need to put a date on that kind of thing after which they no longer guarantee the accuracy, but I don't think I'd throw away a kit simply because it was a week or two past it's use-by date.

Yes it was me. My pH test stuff is years old and still gives the same reading as a pH meter (when I have the use of one) and newer tests :dunno:

  • Author

It is my GH test which concerns me as I could not get it to give me a reading no matter how many drops were used even on rainwater.

We won a fancy test kit many years ago at a conference. I know all the other tests in that one are no longer accurate.

It is my GH test which concerns me as I could not get it to give me a reading no matter how many drops were used even on rainwater.

You shouldn't be getting a GH reading on rainwater, unless you have limestone in your water tank!!

I've had API GH and KH kits go off. Last time I bought some I noticed they now have a use by date stamped on them. It used to be some obscure code printed on the bottle that let you figure out the manufacture date so you could look up the shelf life of the kits and figure out if yours had expired :facepalm:

  • Author

The red test liquid is supposed to turn green but did not on any of my tanks or tap water or rainwater it just became a deeper and deeper red. I do regular water changes and I am fairly sure that tap water does not come out at over 2,000ppm.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.