ANOTHER MASSIVE QUAKE HITS SEDDON, MARLBOROUGH & WELLINGTON

Adrienne

For those of you who do not know another massive earthquake has struck the upper south and lower north island areas. If you need assistance or know of people needing assistance with their fish or whatever please post on here and we will do our best to get you the necessary help. We sincerely hope every one is okay.

Adrienne Dodge on behalf of the Executive

Tis a bit wobbly. Over 30 quakes in the past hour.

No damage at my place (minor stuff falling off things) but Seddon is a mess and cracks in the road. My brother was driving through Seddon when the 6.2 hit and thought he had 4 flat tyres then saw people running out of buildings and things falling over.

Grant has been called out as Telecom and Vodofone systems are overloaded.

Another 5.2. They have been going continually, large and small. I feel for those in Seddon. They have a big mess out there. The main road between us is closed due to cracks in the road, boulders and slips and 2 bridges north of Kaikoura have sustained a lot of damage. :tears:

We feel for you all but hang in there the aftershocks slow up after about 15000 and EQC should have some of it sorted in about 3 years. The man is here today fixing our front fence and gate after the February shake. Hasn't finished yet---back in a few days.

... and you're not even joking. Lucky you have your repairs. I'm still waiting for ours.

I really feel for those in Seddon. Shame the media thinks Wellington is more important.

Just having a moan. We are one of the lucky ones, the house has just finished being repaired but we are surounded by people still waiting. One of the worst aspects is some of the landlords are greedy as and are puting pressure on people renting so they will leave and they can put the rent up to some of the excessive amounts that are happening. Our neighbour is a solo parent who is likely to be moving to more affordable accomodation where he cannot look after his daughter as well. These are the people I feel for.