August 24, 201313 yr Author comment_537437 I want a healthy balanced aquarium. I guess I am thinking that if I am using MH,direct inject Co2 and looking into EI ferts that I should complete the package with the substrate as well. Report
August 24, 201313 yr Author comment_537446 So what is a substrate that has a tan colouration to it? Or what subs can I mix together to get that colour Report
August 24, 201313 yr comment_537447 Do you have an example of this colour? I have a really nice colour with pool sand. Report
August 24, 201313 yr Author comment_537454 http://www.aquascapingworld.com/threads ... runk.4062/ At around the 1.20 mark you get a good idea of the colour above the water. I have a sand that I have used in my African tanks before, its a similar colour and I think it is a good grain size for plants. But would like to find something with some ferts in it of a similar colour. Report
September 2, 201313 yr Author comment_538034 I went over the hill today and got my self some wood. Some where in this load will be the main focus point for this tank Report
September 2, 201313 yr comment_538042 Planning ahead, or is Cam a bit of a squirreller? :slfg: Report
September 2, 201313 yr Author comment_538044 Haha a bit of both, got the 6 foot tank to do after this one so some of the bigger bits will feature in that. then What is left over will be used when my room is done or given to mates for there projects Report
September 2, 201313 yr comment_538046 i never find anything decent up north lol its all rubbish Report
September 2, 201313 yr Author comment_538048 I have heard there is some good spots for wood up there. Report
September 16, 201313 yr Author comment_539209 Scape update. The frnt left will have dwarf chain or mirco sword( I forget the name), back left behing big wood will be a red lotus, along the back wall one or two amazon sword, between the wood in the middle osiris sword and in front of the inlet chamber one or two marble swords. I am not 100% on the swords that I currently have, but will get some ID happening at planting time. I have the filtration issues sorted out, just waiting to free up some money to buy some Poret from Greg. I was working on the C02 and thought I had it sorted, but ended up breaking the unit. :facepalm: :facepalm: So back to the drawing board to start again for this. Report
September 17, 201313 yr comment_539220 I have the filtration issues sorted out, just waiting to free up some money to buy some Poret from Greg. I just recently brought some and set up my sump, its great stuff. Report
September 17, 201313 yr Author comment_539221 Thanks guys! Slight issue, from my viewing chair I can't see the inside of wood, so I hope the plants make up for it. I think if I move it I won't be able to get the same look again. I just recently brought some and set up my sump, its great stuff. Agreed, I got some a couple months ago for my Tang and Pleco tank, it does a great job Report
September 21, 201313 yr Author comment_539473 http://www.fish-street.com/up__atomizer ... gory_id=56 Thoughts on this for the C02? It looks like a smaller pre-made version of what Godly has to me. Report
September 21, 201313 yr comment_539474 They're my favourite type of diffuser, I have a couple of them. It's an excellent way to get a nice, fine mist throughout the tank. Working pressure is quite high so troubleshooting is difficult but once they get going, they're perfect. Report
September 21, 201313 yr comment_539476 I'm not sure what they're rated for but I can pump out enough to get a 4ft tank toxically misty through one so I think you'll be good. Report
September 21, 201313 yr Author comment_539477 Mint, I may go with one of them and not make my own one. Report
September 21, 201313 yr comment_539480 I'm sure I suggested that in another post :roll: Much better peace of mind with bought diffusers. Report
September 21, 201313 yr comment_539482 I prefer in-line reactors. Zero bubbles = 100% dissolving of gas = zero waste = more time between tank fills. Plus you don't have extra hardware in the tank, so a more natural look :dnc1: I'm using a Sera reactor, but there's heaps of plans online for DIY reactors. Report
September 21, 201313 yr comment_539483 I agree with Amtiskaw, though I do use one of them on my smaller tanks Cam. The only issue I have with an inline diffuser is the restricted sizes, all fine if you're using a pump with the same size hose but if you are like me and are using a filter/pump that uses large return hoses you have to rig up some type of reducers to be able to plumb one in which causes a lot of reduced flow. Only issue I see with using one on a 750ltr is making sure the flow is enough to make the co2 reach all areas of your tank, and maybe if you don't like seeing your tank look like a bottle of highly carbonated lemonade lol. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.